I have yet to mess around with it but this new update looks promising. Looking forward to it.
You can now use a simple USB cable to connect 🙂
Access to devices in racks in racks in racks in racks in racks…..!
The new Live Device Template Pack (available as an in-app purchase) provides 42 well designed layouts for nearly every device in Live.
The device module can now follow the selected device in Live (Blue Hand)
Devices can now be loaded to any place of a track’s device chain using the browser and drag and drop.
You can now play notes with the keys of the piano roll within the MIDI Clip Editor in the scales tab.
Devices can be stretched to take 3/4 of the screens real estate.
Completely recoded Server. (Goodbye Java!:) From now on, the Server is running in the background as a System Service.
New Settings, including:
– Follow currently launched scene option.
– choose and assign different MIDI channels for Drum Pads, Keyboard, Isomorphic Keyboard and Piano Roll (MIDI Clip Editor).
– iPads & iPhones Link Mode: combine several Devices to one big control surface.
– Rotary controller sensitivity setting.
– Snap and Timed Snap Mode 4 different envelopes: Exponential, Linear, Logarithmic, Hanning.
Countless of bug fixes, optimisations and enhancements.
Get the latest installer at http://www.touch-able.com/downloads/ and follow the instructions in the quick user guide included in the app
* Compatible with all generations of iPad.
* Requires iOS 5 or later
* Ableton Live 8 & Live 9
* Mac OSX 10.5 and above or Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
* touchAble PC or MAC server software (downloadable for free)
Combined with its strong integration in Live, its seven different modules (Clips, Mixer, Devices, Keys, Pads, XY Pad, Template Editor) and a MDI Clip Editor touchAble 3 covers every control element of Live’s session view.
touchAble opens up a wide range of creative performance techniques beyond the typical knobs and faders paradigm. It takes a musical and seamless approach to controllerism, with all areas of the interface carefully designed and optimised for intuitive and efficient touch-screen operation as well as Ableton Live workflow. In short – it makes Live Sessions touchAble.